Friday, October 26, 2012

Colorado trip

My mom and I took the kids to Colorado for the week. Addison and Parker both love airplanes, so they were thrilled to actually get to ride on one! I was fully prepared with the ipad, headphones for both kids, food, toys, books, blankets, lovies, pacis, and anything else to keep the kids entertained for the 2 1/2 hour flight. Luckily, the kids were great travelers! Mom and I decided it would be fun to take the kids to the Denver Zoo before we made the 2 hour drive to my parent's house. Addison and Parker absolutely LOVED seeing all of the animals! Addison decided her favorite zoo animal was a rhinoceros (thank you Bubble Guppies!) I think Parker's favorite was the tigers because they were playing with a ball. He wanted to jump in there and join them! I will certainly be taking them to the Houston Zoo soon! The bad news is that while we were at the zoo, my camera died, so I didn't get very many pictures. :(





We spent lots of time outside since the weather was so beautiful there! The kids loved exploring through the trees and looking at the mountains. We went to look at the animals at a nearby ranch. Addison could have sat and looked at the horses all day long if we let her. She just liked to look from a distance though. If the horses came up to her, she would get really scared and did not want them near her! Parker on the other hand said "I want to touch" every time we saw an animal! He would have run in the corral with all the horses if we would have let him!











The many faces of Parker....





You can't beat this view!




Loving wearing her sunglasses





Meet Tank

And this is "A Boy Named Sue"









We also had the smart idea to rent bikes with the carrier attached to ride into town. We loaded the kids in their seats and took off... We immediately realized how hard it was going to be. Picture this...
1) We have not ridden a bike in YEARS!! (I'm talking at least 10 years!)
2) Not only was the carrier at least 5 pounds, but the kids added another 50 pounds to the weight.
3) Uphill (enough said!)

IT WAS HARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My mom and I switched back and forth from the bike with the kids attached to the bike without a carrier, but going uphill alone was hard enough! Add 2 kids to the back and it was a workout!!!! We did make it to town, though and decided we needed a break. It took us an hour to get 2 miles! We stopped at a park and let the kids play and had a picnic lunch. After lunch, we decided uphill wasn't so fun anymore, and we headed back to turn in the bikes. Going back... now that was fun!!! What goes up, must come down!! I think I had to pedal twice! It took us a grand total of 10 minutes to go 2 miles this time! I don't think we'll be renting bikes again, though....






Pre-ride


And here's a few more pictures from our trip....

I wish I would have had my zoom lens, but there's a deer in the picture. Can you find it? :)



Addison looks so big!

Addison did NOT want to come home from Colorado! She wanted to stay with the horses and sleep in "Pop's bed!" It's a good thing we get to go back in December!!

No comments:

Post a Comment