1. Parker has been a mover and a shaker since the day he was born! I remember when my friend, Laura, came to meet Parker the day after he was born, she said that he tried to roll out of her arms. He certainly has not stopped since then! From the moment he wakes up to the moment he goes to bed, he's constantly on the move! The only time he stops is to sleep!
2. Parker gives the best hugs and kisses! He sure knows how to make us feel loved! He's starting to give real kisses instead of those slobbery, open-mouthed baby kisses. Every time I change his diaper, he stands up and gives me a big hug and rests his head on my shoulder for about 5 seconds. (Referring to the above statement, this is about as long as he stays still!)
3. Parker LOVES his sleep!! Whether it's nap time or bed time, all we have to say is "Are you ready to go night-night?" and he runs to the stairs, points upstairs and says "night-night!" Once I lay him in his bed for naps, he doesn't make a peep for 2 1/2 hours. At night, he's snoozing a good 12 hours (about 8-8).
I tell you all of these things for a reason..... This morning, Parker woke up at 6:30! My initial reaction was groaning and thinking "You have to be kidding me!" (I've become spoiled with him being such a good sleeper!) I let him talk in his bed for about 10 minutes while I tried to wake up and muster up enough energy to get out of bed and go get him. Once I went and got him up, he held onto me tightly and rested his sweet little head on my shoulder. MELT.MY.HEART! I decided that I was going to attempt to lay back down with Parker laying on my chest snuggling with me. Let me remind you that Parker does not like to stay still, so I figured that the snuggling would last 30 seconds if I was lucky. WELL, much to my surprise, he laid still for about a minute. Then the sweetest thing happened!!!! Parker lifted his head, looked me in the eyes, and gave me a kiss! The kiss was completely unprompted (I usually have to ask for kisses!) THEN, he laid his head back down and fell asleep!!!!!!!!!! I was in heaven!!! I enjoyed every second of this sweet moment with my boy!
Omg melt my heart!!! I wish Haven would fall asleep on my again!! I miss that so much!!
ReplyDeleteAhhh he's so sweet Erin!
ReplyDelete