Where to begin?!?! How did this happen?!?! Addison is 2!!!!!! I.CAN.NOT.BELIEVE.IT. I've only cried a couple of times today, but I have a feeling there are more cries to come (like while I'm writing this post.) When I think back on the past 2 years, I can't help but think how much Addison has changed our lives. She is our first miracle. I am so proud of the little person she has become in her 2 short years.
She is my little snuggler. I LOVE that she will sit in my lap and lay her head on my shoulder. Yesterday, I sat and snuggled with her and couldn't help but think that that was the last time I'd be snuggling with my little one year old girl. Two just seems so BIG!
In the past month, her vocabulary has changed so much. Everyday she says a new word or phrase that just blows me away! She's gone from saying short 3 word sentences to putting together more complex sentences. It is amazing to watch her change and grow everyday.
One of the things I treasure most about Addison is how much she loves her little brother. The first person she wants to see in the morning is Parker, and she excitedly greets him EVERY morning with "Hi Parker Bean!" It melts my heart. One of my prayers from my kids is that they would always be close to each other and to me and Phillip.
Addison not only adores her brother, but she LOVES her cousins, Kate and Carter. I am so grateful that we live so close to them, because they are such great role models and kids for Addison to surround herself with and look up to. Everyday Addison tells me that she wants Carter's house. The other day she stood at the door saying, "Mommy, I NEED Carter!" I hope that they are always close to each other and when Kate and Carter get older that they will still want to hang out with their little cousins.
Addison has such an infectious spirit. She loves to laugh, and when she's laughing, I can't help but to join in. Another one of her favorite things to do right now is to dance. Her favorite song to dance to is Whitney Houston "I Want to Dance with Somebody." She comes up to my computer and says, "Mommy, I want to dance!" So I crank up the volume and we DANCE!!! I hope I never miss an opportunity to dance with my little girl.
I've told Phillip, in tears, about 50 times (not exaggerating) that I can't believe that Addison is already two! He's getting a little annoyed with my reminding him of that fact. He asked me (I'm sure it was my 51st time of telling him that Addison's turning 2) "What are you going to do when she turns 16? When she goes to college? When she gets married??" It hit me like a ton of bricks that all of those things are going to be here before I know it. I guess I'll just be crying for the rest of my life because it's all going to come too fast!
My dream for Addison is that she always feels special, loved and cherished today and everyday of her life. I pray that she knows the love of Christ, and she desires a relationship with Him. I hope she pursues God's will, and NEVER, EVER forgets how beautiful she is on the inside and the outside!!
Happy 2nd birthday, Addison girl! We love you to the moon!!

Love this! Thank you for making me feel better about how much I cry about Haven getting older. Addison is SO precious! Happy Belated Birthday to her!
ReplyDeleteOk that post made my cry!!! So sweet!!!
ReplyDelete