Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Busy, busy, busy!

This past week has been a busy one for us! Addison turned 2, it was mother's day and we dedicated Parker at church. 

Addison is beginning to understand what birthdays are, so I wanted to make the day one that was a little extra special. The night before, I went and got balloons to put in her room so when she woke up she would see them and be SUPER excited! Boy, am I glad I decided to do that, because she carried her balloons around ALL DAY!!!! Phillip stayed home on her birthday morning, so he went and got donuts for the birthday girl. I put a candle in her donut and we sang happy birthday to her. I wasn't sure how the blowing out of the candle was going to go, but she knew exactly what to do and blew her candle out like she had done it a thousand times! I had a little present wrapped for her, and she was so excited to unwrap it and see what was inside! Parker didn't wake up until about 8:45, so it was a special morning that we got to focus our sole attention on Addison. I think she enjoyed it as much as we did! After we got dressed and ready to go, we headed up to Wonderwild, which is a big indoor jungle gym. We met my mom, Toni, Kate and Carter up there for a fun filled couple of hours. The kids had a great time! Addison, Kate and Carter loved going down the big slide all at the same time. It is so sweet how much they all love each other! After we were done playing, my mom treated us to lunch. (Thanks, Mom!) After lunch, we headed home for much needed naps! Daddy came home before the kids got up from their naps, so when Addison woke up, she was excited that Daddy was home! We took Addison to dinner (at Chick Fil A, of course) for one last special birthday treat! I had a great day spoiling the birthday girl!















At church on Mother's Day, they do Baby Dedication every year. Last year, we dedicated Addison (which I never posted about because I was 9 months pregnant and didn't really want to relive those pictures... Anyways, Baby Dedication is more for the parents than the children. As parents, we promised before our church family to raise our children up in a Godly manner. We promised to teach them that God is the way and that they are loved by Him. We promised to show them God's love through us and to guide them so that they would know Him. It was our commitment to Christ, our church and Parker. 











After church, we went to a buffet at The Woodlands Resort (where we got married) with my parents, Phillip's mom, Preston, Toni, Kate and Carter. We ate WAY too much, but it was sooo good! Addison wanted Mommy over Daddy, which was extra special for mother's day. Any day is special when I get to spend it with those closest to me. I am so proud to be Addison and Parker's mommy!












No comments:

Post a Comment