Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Preschool

Addison started preschool this year at a church that is right next to our neighborhood. We had "Meet the Teacher" last week. We had received a letter in the mail from Addison's teachers introducing themselves, so I had been preparing Addison to meeting Ms. Katie and Ms. Tammy. We had also been practicing laying on her nap mat so that she would know what to do when she was supposed to lay on it in school. Well, we headed off the meet Addison's teachers last week, and as soon as we stepped foot into the doorway of her classroom, she lost it. Tears, clinging and wanting to "go to Addison's house" followed. Finally, I got her calmed down enough to sit in my lap and color a butterfly picture (her class is the Butterflies.)

Fastforward to today; her first day of school. I'd been talking to her about going to school today. We've been praying for her first day, her school year, and her teachers for a couple of weeks now, so I thought she'd be so excited and that maybe last week she was just scared and unsure of what was happening. As soon as we pulled into the parking lot she yelled "MY SCHOOL!!!" She walked into the school like a big girl, waited with her friend, Kate, and walked down the hallway her classroom was on. As soon as she realized we were in front of her room, she lost it again. I walked in her room, carrying her, handed her to one of her teachers and said "I'm running!"

As soon as I got to my car, I lost it! I called Phillip and told him how bad my heart was breaking by leaving her and seeing her crying as I left. Once I got myself together, I had to take Parker Man to the doctor for his 15 month appointment... and cried again as he cried while getting 4 shots. (It's been an emotional day for this Mommy.)

Anyways, I busied myself all day today awaiting the 2:00 pm pick up time. I knew that Addison would do fine once she got over her initial fear. When I got to her room to pick her up, she was playing just fine. Her teachers told me that she was just so sweet and did great today! This just makes my heart sore! Hopefully next week, she'll do even better and not cry when I drop her off. At least that's what I'll be praying for!

Backpack and lunch box all ready to go

Being silly watching Bubble Guppies in Mommy and Daddy's bed

Big Preschooler




1 comment: