Monday, July 2, 2012

A note of encouragement

Today I found this on my car...

I was at HEB doing my weekly grocery shopping. I had parked in a parking spot, "Customer with child." There are 2 of these spots right next to each other at the front of the parking lot. When I returned to my car, I noticed the post-it note. My first thought was that somebody was posting them on cars all in the parking lot, but once I looked around, I noticed that the only two cars with a post-it note on them were my car and the car parked next to me in the spot designated for customers with children. Once I realized that the note wasn't just a random selection of cars, but that it was specifically encouragement for moms, I instantly felt encouraged. This was someone's simple gesture to encourage (most likely, another) mother. Being a mom can be an extremely difficult job, as well as very rewarding. This simple note of encouragement did just that; it encouraged me to be the best mom that I can be and that "God thinks I'm awesome." (Even on the days that I don't feel like I'm being an "awesome" mom.)

So, if whoever anonymously wrote this note of encouragement ever comes across my blog, THANK YOU!! This simple act of kindness truly brightened my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment