Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Boat Ride

This past weekend we went to visit my aunt, uncle and grandparents in League City. My aunt and uncle live on the water and have a boat, so we decided to take it out on the water on Friday night. Every Friday night in June and July, someone puts on a fireworks show on the water. Well, the fireworks don't start until 9:30. Not a problem for me, but when you have toddlers, this could be a problem! I was a little worried about how my kids were going to do on a boat, at night, in life jackets, and with the boom of the fireworks. Most of my worries were just that, worries, and nothing more. Except one.... LIFE JACKETS!!! Addison did perfectly fine wearing hers, but my little Parker, on the other hand, loathed his! It could have been that every time he sat (which was a lot on a boat), the life jacket was pushed up into his jaw, or the fact that it was 100 degrees outside and wearing a life jacket only made it hotter! Either way, he was not a fan!!!

Once we anchored, we took the life jackets off the kids, and they were free to roam! Once night hit, it was way past Parker's usual bedtime of 8:00. Parker is a GREAT sleeper... in HIS bed! I was unsure of how we were going to get my "I hate to be rocked especially by a rocking boat" kid to sleep. Cue the iPhone and the wonderful app store. I turned on my white noise app (my kids sleep with white noise sound machines), gave him his paci and lovie, layed down next to him, and 10 minutes later, he was out.

45 minutes later... still sleeping... SUCCESS!

Time for the fireworks show... I'm holding my breath, waiting for the first boom, and my sleeping child to begin screaming.

BOOM!..........

No crying.......

BOOM..........

Still nothing....


If you're catching my drift, Parker slept through the ENTIRE fireworks show!!!! Addison ABSOLUTELY LOVED the fireworks! She would wait for a pink firework to go off and scream "PINK ONE!!!!" She was mesmerized by them! I think I loved watching her reaction to the fireworks more than I enjoyed the fireworks themselves!

Once the show was over, all of the boats starting tooting their horns. There was a rather large boat that decided it needed to honk it's horn as well. Honk, honk! And my sweet sleeping boy that slept through the entire fireworks show, woke up.... How does that happen?!?!?

Luckily, he went right back to sleep in my arms, which I loved!

Addison loving her life jacket!

Boatin' babies!

Gorgeous sunset on the water

Captain Amend!

Passed out on the boat


My boy
All in all, we had a fun filled weekend! I love seeing the joy on my children's faces when they experience something new!

No comments:

Post a Comment