Tuesday, November 8, 2011

1st Haircut

My little bitty girl got her first haircut yesterday. They only took about an inch off. I couldn't bear for them to cut more than that! I was getting a little nervous when I saw them cut Addison's bangs. My biggest fear was that she would end up looking like a boy. We took her to Cartoon Cuts, where the kids can watch cartoons while they get their hair cut. I was thinking that if she could watch TV, it would distract her, and we would be good to go. Addison had other plans. As soon as Phillip sat her down in the chair, the tears flowed. We tried to give her a lolli-pop. The screaming got louder. We turned on Dora... still screaming! Poor baby had BIG, FAT tears rolling down her face! Other than the screaming, Addison did pretty well. She let them cut her hair, and her hair is now evenly cut.





See what I mean about the bangs?? Beatles, anyone?!?!
I didn't get an aftershot when the cut was complete. We were trying to console our freshly cut beauty!

In other news, Parker is sitting up!!! He is getting to be such a big boy. I snapped a picture on my iPhone of him sitting up, but my phone bit the dust (and so did the picture.) I'll have to take a picture when he's a little more stable, and I can back away for a second to get a picture.
The ladies in the nursery at church said that "he's grown into his eyes." What do you think? They are still pretty big to me!!

1 comment:

  1. Can I just say I'm happy that your sweet baby cried as much as mine did??!! Carter STILL cries!! Haha! So sweet.
    Nope...still think Parker is all eyes ;)

    ReplyDelete