Thursday, June 2, 2011

A week has passed....

I can't believe we have been able to hold our little boy for a week now! The past week has gone by so fast! Here are a few pictures of our first week as a family of four!

Proud Daddy

Our first picture as a family of four

Proud big sister and a sleepy brother

Addison LOVES giving her brother kisses

My sweet babies (excuse the overly exhausted, no make-up look I've got going)

Hanging out in Parker's car seat

First bath at home

Not happy about having to go to the doctor

Sweet baby boy

1 week old

Sweet little feet

1 week photo shoot


We made our first trip to the doctor's office on Tuesday. Parker has a hemotoma on his head. This is basically a large, swollen bump on the top, right side of his head. I had called the doctor on Saturday because I was concerned with how large it was getting. The doctor on call assured me that it was just a hemotoma and it would go down. So, when I took Parker to the doctor on Tuesday, the first thing out of the doctor's mouth was, "Oh my gosh! His poor little head is so big!" She was concerned that it wasn't just from the trauma of birth, but that he potentially had a skull fracture... to the hospital we went to get my sweet little 5 day old a CT scan. I was so upset, but I was trying not to let it get to me and think that a fractured skull is the worst case scenario. Luckily, the scan came back that there was no fracture, but the doctor said that his head must have scraped my pelvic bone since he was in the birth canal for such a short amount of time. So, my poor little guy will have a bump on his head for the next couple of weeks. I just hope it's not hurting him!

Another interesting fact about my little man is that he has Mongolian spots. Anybody ever heard of these?!?! Well, they are basically birthmarks on his booty. The look exactly like bruises, though. The nurse in the hospital said that a lot of times, parents have to take pictures of them so that daycares and nurseries don't think that the child is being abused... So, if you watch my child and change his diaper, I promise I'm not abusing him, he just has Mongolian spots.

A lot of times, people come up to Phillip speaking spanish thinking that he is Mexican. The nurse in the hospital told us that Mongolian spots only occur in babies who are from a nationality that has "olive skin," and doesn't occur in Caucasian babies... Umm, I'm pretty sure that Phillip and I are both caucasian... Once again, the nurse thought that couldn't have been a white boy! ;) I guess we proved her wrong, and that Mongolian spots occur in caucasian babies!

2 comments:

  1. Parker is so cute. The mongolian spots...that foster baby we had that was 7 days old had them all over his rear and back. I took pictures too!
    Cannot wait to see him in person. I will have to call you when I get back into town.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your new little one. He is so handsome


    I just wanted to tell you that I am offering 20% off any Full Blog Design from NOW to June 15
    http://www.kellysavenuedesigns.com

    ReplyDelete