Monday, May 23, 2011

Cherish the moment

Last night was a rough night in the Amend house. Addison has horrible allergies. Being outside all day yesterday and the pool and in the backyard at Gigi's didn't help her allergies. So, at 2 a.m. Addison starts screaming because her nose is stopped up. Well, the screaming only makes a stuffy nose stuffier... 15 minutes into the screaming, I send Phillip downstairs to go rock. (I'm thinking to myself that I only have a couple more nights to try to sleep before I'm up every night for a few months... he can handle one night!) Moving on...
I still hear Addison screaming in the monitor for another 5-10 minutes. So, I think, "Mommy to the rescue! I'll get her calmed down and to sleep."

Fast forward 2 1/2 hours... we still have a screaming child. Mommy didn't save the day.... (Just for the record, neither did Daddy!)

So, in those 2 1/2 hours we turned on the tv, we turned off the tv, we attempted to snuggle, we rocked, we sat up, we layed down... no matter what we did, it was always end in a screaming fit.

About 4:30, Addison decided it was time to be happy. Seasame Street was on tv, and Cookie Monster is funny. Addison was rolling around our bed, watching tv, looking up at us and smiling, and laughing at Cookie Monster. At 4:30 a.m. and after being up for 2 1/2 hours already, I will admit, I was a little frustrated with this sudden burst of happy energy. Phillip, on the other hand, thought it was so cute!

As Addison is laying on her tummy, on our bed, watching tv, she looks up and gives us the biggest, sweetest smile. Of course, this melts our hearts. Phillip turns to me and says, "We might as well just cherish the moment."

Ok, ok... this struck a chord. Phillip was so right Addison isn't going to be little forever, so we might was well cherish the pleasant and unpleasant moments while we can, because it won't be like this for long.

So, for the next hour before Addison finally fell asleep, we cherished the sweet, smiley moments with our sweet girl.

1 comment:

  1. That is so sweet! It reminds me of the country song "It won't be like this for long."

    ReplyDelete