Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Family Feud

Last week, Phillip, Preston, Jill, Aryn and I made the trip to Atlanta, GA to be on Family Feud. This is not where our Family Feud journey started though...

Back in February, we auditioned at a mall in Texas City. When we arrived at the mall, we had to wait in line outside as they took our names and let one family inside at a time. We finally made our way to the front of the line, and we were about the enter the mall, Aryn's fiance, Jacob, looked down at Aryn's engagement ring, and her diamond was GONE!!! Only the setting was on her finger. NO. DIAMOND.

We left the line to go look for the (uninsured) diamond. Jacob proceeded to dry heave in the parking lot.

We looked in the car. NO DIAMOND!

We looked in the parking lot. NO DIAMOND!

We looked in the grass. NO DIAMOND!

Aryn even dug through the trash..... NO DIAMOND!!

A lady approached us whom had taken our names while we were standing in line and asked us what we were looking for. Knowing that she worked for Family Feud, we told her that Aryn had lost her diamond. She told us that we HAD to go into the auditions..
Us: "Umm, ma'am, we just lost an uninsured diamond... Family Feud is the last thing on our minds!"
Lady: "I've been doing this for 30 years, and when I see gold, I know gold. You need to audition!"
Us: "Ma'am, we lost a diamond..."
Lady: "I know, but I'm the executive producer. I make all the shots. You NEED to go audition!"

This conversation lasted a little longer, until we decided that Aryn, Preston and Jacob would go back to look for the diamond at Aryn's apartment, and we would stay and keep looking outside the mall.

***Side note*** Sticking to the true Texas spirit, we all had on green dresses/ shirts with our cowboy boots.

5 minutes down the road, Phillip, Jill and I get a phone call from Aryn SCREAMING!!!! Preston told Aryn, "Look in your hair. Look in your bra; look in your underwear; look in your boot." Aryn pulls off her boot, dumps it over, and THE DIAMOND FALLS INTO HER LAP!!!!!!!!!!!

Another 5 minutes later, we're running into the mall to our audition. We get on the fast track through the auditions, and go into a back room to record a video tape for the next round of auditions (with the executive producer.) She tells us that in 2-3 weeks, we will be getting a post card in the mail telling us that we will be on the show.

2 weeks later, we get our post card.

A couple months later, they tell us that they will be flying us to Atlanta.

September 6- We fly to Atlanta.

September 7- We film for the show!!!

Legally, I can't reveal the outcome of our show(s)...

But, I can tell you that it was an absolute BLAST, and extremely exhausting!!!! It was so neat to see how a game show is filmed, and Steve Harvey (the host of Family Feud) was extremely nice and absolutely hilarious!

Until they email us pictures, I'll leave you with a survey question:

What is something that you slam? (Top 4 answers are on the board.)

3 comments:

  1. 1. YOUR SPOUSE
    2. YOUR CAR DOOR
    3 YOUR BALL (basketball?)
    4. YOUR FOOT IN THE DOOR

    I suck at that. That took me 2 minutes to come up with that. But the spouse one, that came to my mind verrry quickly.

    I am soo excited for you guys! It has been a dream to be on wheel of fortune, so I can't imagine how you guys actually feel!! Can't wait to watch you on TV!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heidi,

    HAHAHA! You got 2 out of 4 right... I want to be on Wheel of Fortune, too. I've applied lots of times!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome story! Please let us know when it will be on!!!
    Something you slam:
    1. A basketball
    2. The door
    3. Books
    4. Fist in the wall?
    haha..that is hard!

    ReplyDelete